Skip to content
What majors does PJATK in Gdansk offer?

At the moment, we offer full-time and part-time studies at the Faculties of Computer Science (major: Computer Science) and New Media Art (major: Graphic Arts ). The Faculty of New Media Arts also offers postgraduate studies: Graphic Design and Psychology of Games - designing computer game scenarios.

What subjects must be passed in high school graduation in order to get into college?

An applicant simply needs to have a high school diploma - while admission to the Graphic Design major is also determined by an interview and portfolio of works.

How can the documents be delivered?

Scans of documents are uploaded to the recruitment portal. At the end of the recruitment process, you need to present the originals (high school diploma and diploma of graduation with a supplement). The originals can be delivered in person, sent by mail or courier.

What is the difference between a scan of a document and its original?

A scan of the original is an electronic version of the original document. The original is the physical document in the possession of a university applicant, such as the high school diploma he or she received after passing the high school diploma or the diploma with a supplement after graduation. For the purpose of initial recruitment, uploading a scan of the certificate/diploma to the recruitment system is sufficient.

On the other hand, at the end of the recruitment process, it is necessary to present the original of this document or an original copy or a duplicate or a copy certified by a notary public.

Does PJATK keep original documents (high school diploma, diploma)?

No. According to the "Law - Law on Higher Education and Science", universities must have a certified copy. A university employee must certify.

Can someone bring the enrollment documents for me (such as a parent)?

Yes. Documents such as high school diploma, diploma can be brought by someone else. An employee of the Admission Office will make a photocopy, certify it as a true copy, and immediately give back the original. Other documents, such as an application, proof of payment, contract, just upload to the portal or send by email.

Can you come and talk about studies and recruitment

Yes, the Recruitment Department at PJATK Gdańsk functions within the structures of the Dean's Office and is open to candidates during its working hours. Information can also be obtained by phone or email.

Does the University require medical certificates?

We do not require medical certificates.

Is it possible to choose more than one direction in registration?

You can recruit for one direction, but later during the recruitment process you can change it.

Can I pay for the interview in cash on the day of the interview?

No. At PJATK, you can pay by wire transfer to your individual account number.

To which account do I need to make the transfer?

Each candidate has an individual account number on the online registration profile.

Does the first installment have to be paid before the contract is signed?

Yes, the first installment must be paid before signing the contract.

What is a contract and how can it be signed?

A contract is a contract between the University and the student. It contains both the rights and obligations of the student to the university and vice versa.

Among other things, the contract specifies the tuition fees for each year, the rules for the disposition of copyrights on the part of the student and PJAIT, additional fees, the rules for cancellation of studies, etc.

The candidate receives the contract at the email address provided in the recruitment, signs it and sends back a scan.

Can a parent sign a contract for a student?

A parent cannot sign a contract for a student, even when the student is a minor.

In the case of a minor candidate, there is a specific paragraph that the parent or guardian must sign, but the rest of the contract is signed by the student.

What are the discounts for the family?

Application for the discount is submitted to the dean's office by family members who have student status. The discount is 25% of the tuition reduction for each student and granted for the period of joint study. If either party, for example, interrupts their studies, the other person loses the discount.

What does it look like to drop out of college?

A candidate can withdraw from the study at any time. This must be done through the student application system.

How much is tuition for foreigners?

Tuition fees for studies are the same for everyone, regardless of whether the candidate is from Poland or abroad.

Can a person removed from the list of students, re-submit the documents?

Those who are removed from the list of students do not re-enter the enrollment process only apply to the dean's office for resumption of studies.

When is the second degree program planned to be launched in Gdansk?

Due to the development of the branch in Gdansk and the observed needs, we are planning to open a master's degree program in Graphic Design from October of the 2024/ 2025 academic year. Recruitment is currently underway.

The Computer Science major is currently preparing to open a master's degree program. 

Can I transfer from part-time (extramural) to full-time (daytime) or vice versa?

The conditions for transferring are: the approval of the Dean, free space in the groups and the possible need to make up curriculum differences, resulting from the program. You can transfer only after the end of the semester.

What is the University's title?

Students have the option of earning an engineering degree (Department of Computer Science) or a bachelor 's degree (Department of New Media Arts). These titles are the same as those awarded by public universities and are recognized by them. It is possible to continue studies (master's, second degree) at PJATK in Warsaw, as well as other universities in the country and abroad. The title of engineer is awarded to graduates of technical faculties and is an indicator of the acquisition of hard competencies in the course of studies. However, regardless of the title conferred, we emphasize the practical form of education in all our majors.

What will I learn as a Computer Science major?

Studying IT at PJATK Gdansk means, above all, a lot of practical knowledge imparted by experts in the IT industry. We cooperate with Polish and international companies that have their branches in Pomerania. We focus on learning the most useful programming languages, while introducing students to alternatives so that they can later decide on their own development path. In addition to learning programming, our students also gain skills in other areas of IT and ICT. We teach them to work in project teams according to manufacturing methodologies accepted in modern business. Our specializations are created according to the requirements and forecasts of the labor market. For more information about the major, please visit website of the Faculty of Information Technology in Gdansk >>>.

What will I learn in the Graphic Design / New Media Art Department?

The Department of New Media Arts was established to educate the new generation of creators in the creative industries. New Media is increasingly interacting with the viewer and is inextricably linked to the development of technology. The Graphic Arts major, despite its name, is an interdisciplinary course that develops a wide range of skills and shows young people the various directions in which they can professionally excel. Students learn about new technologies, work on creation and digital image processing programs. They also learn the basics of web design and graphic interfaces. For more information about the major, visit Faculty of New Media Arts website >>>.

What equipment and labs does the university have?

Students of all majors and years benefit from modern computer laboratories with specially configured equipment and a wide suite of professional programs selected to meet the curriculum. Lectures are conducted in spacious auditoriums. For the students of the Faculty of New Media Art there are adequately equipped studios for drawing and painting, photography, sculpture or linocut. The university also has an Interdepartmental Laboratory equipped with modern VR equipment and a 3D printer (with CNC and laser engraving functions).

Why does the university have "Polish-Japanese" in its name?

The Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology (PJWSTK) was founded in 1994 by the Foundation for the Development of Computer Technology, implementing a 1993 agreement between the governments of Poland and Japan.

Are classes taught in Japanese?

No. On the other hand, students can learn Japanese in an additional language course - it is free for PJATK students and is synchronized with the class schedule. You can start your studies from the basic level or join a continuation group (if there are enough applicants).
It is also possible to form a group with lecture English, provided that enough people apply.

What other foreign languages can I learn?

From the first year onward, our students attend mandatory English classes. We offer groups at various levels, including advanced groups, where the focus is on industry vocabulary and business communication.
In later semesters, it is possible to switch from English to another foreign language. We propose to study Norwegian, Spanish or French, among others (depending on the declared interest of the students).

How much is the tuition, enrollment fee and registration fee?

The amount of fees for a particular course is given in the recruitment portal.

Can I apply for a scholarship while studying at PJATK?

Yes, PJATK students can apply for academic and social scholarships. In addition, it is PJATK's tradition to annually reward students who show special commitment (participation in additional projects, study circles, activities in the Student Government, etc.).

Do PJATK students do internships?

Yes, PJATK students also carry out internships in the course of their studies, thanks to which they get to know the specifics of the profession and the operation of companies in the industry "from the inside", and develop competencies that are important in the labor market. Students can independently choose the company where they will carry out internships that are in line with their field of study, or take advantage of the assistance of the PJATK Career Office.

What is the PJATK Career Office?

PJATK's Academic Career Office helps students and graduates find the right place for them in the labor market. It organizes workshops and training on career development, preparation of application documents, self-presentation, meetings with career counselors and individual consultations. It is in constant contact with employers and provides offers of internships, apprenticeships and jobs adapted to the field of study. It organizes meetings with representatives of companies at the university and is a partner in industry competitions and events, which give participants a great opportunity to present their capabilities to employers.

Where can I find accommodation for the duration of my studies?

Our students coming from other cities take advantage of the wide range of rentals in the Tri-City. Those looking for roommates are welcome to use the PJATK Gdansk group.

Is PJATK Gdansk adapted to people with disabilities?

We already have and continue to introduce new solutions to serve people with various disabilities. Our buildings meet the basic requirements for people with disabilities. We invite people with disabilities to learn about the conditions on site before attending. People with disabilities can also apply for scholarships.

Is there an exchange (Erasmus)?

Yes, PJATK students and staff under the ERASMUS+ program have the opportunity to complete part of their studies at a foreign university, or to teach students from a partner university (staff).

Is it possible to go to Japan as an exchange student?

PJATK conducts interuniversity and LLP Erasmus exchanges. Japanese universities with which PJATK cooperates:

  • Saitama University
  • Ibaraki University
  • Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
  • Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto
  • Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, Beppu